SATA Problems

Vaeldain

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
123
I just bought some new computer parts among them a new motherboard (asus a8n e) and a SATA Seagate barracuda HD (250gb)

This is my first sata HD so I'm not 100% about how to fix this. It shows the correct HD size in the bios, but while installing windows where you choose the partition to instal it on, it only appears as 130gb.

I know IDE hds have this problem and there was a jumper to change or something, but I couldn't locate any jumpers regarding this, so im here for help

Anyone want to point me in the right direction?
 
This is not a jumper problem you need service pack 2 to install to a drive larger than 137 gb AND to see all the space available on the drive. If you go to control panel, admin tools, computer management, disk management tab you will see the unpartitioned space. You can also use programs like partition magic to extend your current partition to use all the space available.
 
defakto is 100% correct. You can use nLite (I'm sure there are other similar programs out there) to rebuild a Windows install disc with service packs/patches/fixes/etc slipstreamed.
 
Back
Top