SATA install problem...

U

Unreallystic

:mad:
I've scoured the net - and I haven't been able to get real help so I was trying a couple forums I know in hopes of getting some help. I recently purchased a new motherboard with 4 SATA controllers in it - in hopes of adding to my harddrive space.

I was running a P3 450 *don't ask long story about a blown ASUS deluxe for my XP2500* with a older motherboard - with a Lite CD-RW, 1x16 gig seagate hdd, and 2x120 WD hdd. I needed more space and a replacement board so I got the DFI NFII Infinity. Has 4 SATA controllers on it and I already had a Seagate 160 gig SATA drive laying around just waiting. I currently use the 16 gig has my 'Windows' partition, and the two WDs are exclusively for audio recording and music back-ups.

Over the net - everyone was using the SATA drives as their primary drive, but I'm not - so throwing in the driver disk during windows install does me no good. Here is the root of the problem I am having...

Bios sees the drive, my RAID program will see the drive if I set the BIOS options to SATA RAID as opposed to SATA - but I only have one so I can't do RAID. Otherwise - nothing in Windows even sees the drive - let alone let me do anything to it. All help is appreciated. I'm going to take a small break before I do something really really really stupid...
-:confused:

Back