• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Sata II?

Novensu

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
336
Hey guys,

I thought I would seek out the experts concerning Sata II. I am thinking of purchasing a Nforce 4 Ultra MB that has Sata II. I currently have a Wd 250GB Sata drive, if I purchase a Sata II drive will I really see a performance increase. I have not been able to find any real world performance comparisons.

Thanks,

~ Novensu
 
Novensu said:
Hey guys,

I thought I would seek out the experts concerning Sata II. I am thinking of purchasing a Nforce 4 Ultra MB that has Sata II. I currently have a Wd 250GB Sata drive, if I purchase a Sata II drive will I really see a performance increase. I have not been able to find any real world performance comparisons.

It depends on which SATA II drive you will buy. If there is one, that is faster then your 250GB drive, then you will see an improvement in benchmarks. It is very unlikely that you will notice and difference unless you get a 16MB cache drive (in which case the added cache may make a noticeable difference) or a raptor, where the 10K rpm spindle will make the difference noticeable. Moving from SATA to SATA II does not make a difference in itself.
 
Back
Top