• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SATA Hard Dive Question

Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
738
I just installed another SATA drive 200gb WD oem and need to mirror my current SATA drive to the WD. The 200gb is showing up in the bios and in device manager but not in MY Computer. I need to know what I can do to get this drive as my main drive to show up in windows.
 
Look in Disk Manager. You probably didnt format it, thus it is not showing up in My Computer. Go to Disk Manager, find the drive and format it, if its not formatted.
 
Start Menu -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management -> Right click on Drive -> Format...

Then format as whatever you'd like and your all set.
 
Back
Top