SATA devices not detected.

Gillette

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi All,

I built the rig in my sig and was planning on giving my old build to the GF to use for the time being (Gigabyte P35-DS3P Rev 2) however about half the time when it (the older system) boots it won't detect any of my SATA devices.

This poses a major problem because when it does boot and stays running it will sometimes just freeze (requiring a restart) and when booting again, if it even decides to detect the drives, Windows 7 won't boot... just sits on a black screen.

I've tried running the startup repair for Win 7 only to get the "we can't fix your problem" message, and also reinstalling the OS only to have the same problem reoccur 3-4 days later. I've tried all 3 different clusters of SATA ports on the board and I'm seeing this problem with all of them, running out of ideas for this and would like to avoid buying a new board if possible (out of warranty). I've tried this with several drives and seen this problem with all.

The system was heavily OC'd at one point but is straight back to stock voltages/clocks at this point.

Back