The sapphire flex cards implement active display port->dvi adapters on the board, so they are able to get around the two legacy port limitation.

The problem here is that the AMD driver does not support more than 2 monitors at a time in XP.*
http://www.amd.com/us/products/tech...nology/how-to/Pages/faqs.aspx#tech-works-with

You will need to change your operating system or buy multiple video cards to hook up more screens to your system.

*I don't know if this is AMD's or Microsoft's limitation.

Yeah I think the problem is XP eyefinity isn't supported on XP. This is on the eyefinity FAQ.

What Operating Systems does AMD Eyefinity technology work with?

At present Windows® Vista and Windows® 7 support AMD Eyefinity technology. There are plans for Linux support in an upcoming update to AMD Catalyst™ software. There is no support for Windows® XP.

its a limitation of XP its self that won't allow you to do it due to how many outputs it can support at one time from a single card. if i'm not mistaken it only supports 2 digital and 1 analog output(svideo) active per card.
it's time to upgrade the ol' OS.. trust me you will enjoy windows 7 way more than XP when you upgrade it, i absolutely can't stand XP anymore. i barely touch my old laptop which can't run windows 7 because of it.

Last edited:
Back