Samsung UN55C5000 LED HDTV - $1299 f/s at TD

Ethereal

Limp Gawd
TD is selling the Samsung UN55C5000 LED TV for $1299 w f/s with the code MRF11641. Seems like it might be an alright deal for people just looking for a very thin, LED TV. Downsides are no wireless, no widgets or apps and only 60 hz. I'm sure there are going to be better deals coming, but thought I'd throw this out there. Seems to be the lowest price by almost $500 with a quick google search....

Last edited:
Not a bad price for a 55" Samsung LED though.

Just keep in mind, all non-3D tvs (which typically use HDMI1.3a) can only take in a 60Hz signal. So even the last gen TVs that were 240Hz still only took in a native 60Hz. Then, internally it would convert it to 240Hz. On the Samsungs, this is their 'AutoMotion Plus' feature. Not too sure how many of you have seen this, but to me, it starts making blockbuster movies look like budget films for some reason I cannot explain. It does however make animation look much smoother, which is why in the stores where they display this feature, they are usually always playing some sort of animation.

The processing helps out a lot if you watch sports. There are several options to set it to the right processing to not give it that home made film look. But honestly why are they still making 60hz sets?

Unless you must have a super thin set, there are many better TV's on the market in this price range. Not Hot IMO.

i have the 6300 model with the 120hz and that still blows.
cant imagine how 60hz is..

Back