Samsung T240 RMA Process?

Potatocodone

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 30, 2008
Messages
4,859
So I bought a used Samsung LCD monitor (T240HD to be exact) from a buddy.

It was made around March 2009 and my friend bought it around August 2010 which means the 3-year warranty is still intact.

Lately the monitor lighting has been flicking and I believe the CCFL bulb is going bad. I am curious if anyone has any experience with Samsung's warranty when it comes to their monitors?

Do I need to provide receipt? It will be hard since my friend is out of the country at the moment.
 
I have the same monitor you do and had to RMA it like a year ago. I just went on their website and logged an RMA ticket. I didn't have the orginal receipt. I had them send a refurbished one to the UPS store near my house. I took my old one there when it came in and swaped it out. UPS sent my old one back to Samsung. It was pretty quick and painless.
 
Believe they have changed the processs now: you have to ship it to Amkotron in CA to get it fixed first before they'll consider a replacement.
 
Back
Top