• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

samsung lcd tv

Dreamsbetray said:
samsung hd lcd tv lnr238w is good for xbox360??

hey, i'm looking at the samsung 23" hd lcd tv. i think it's the same model, i'm too lazy to cut and paste to see for sure! But Samsung and Microsoft actually dealed together so that every single Xbox 360 that is shown off at a retail store like best buy or circuit city, use those exact tvs to display the 360. So IMO, it's probably the best tv you can get for it for the size and price

i would get it, but i need something to double as a computer monitor as well
 
Dreamsbetray said:
what u think aobut hp widescreen lcd monitor for 360?

which one? the L2335 or the F2105? I'm looking at the same thing as you. I got teh 360 and I want to look for a good tv/monitor for it AND my pc.

I think the L2335 is better, it has component, but no usb ports. The f2105 just has vga and dvi (though you can connect the xbox 360 via vga hd cable.

As far as I've heard, I think it'd be better to get a computer monitor since it has the higher resolution
 
I have the Lnr268w and I love it on my 360...I shopped around for a long time and ya, every 360 kiosk in stores is running the 360 through a samsung, and you can see by that how nice the picture quality is...I have mine set to dynamic contrast, with dnr enabled, and it's just gorgeous....I bought mine for 960$ with shipping it came to 1075$...

Best price I could find, and it came packaged via ups all nice and tight with no dead pixels...I bought mine from an authorized Ebay distributor....Datavision..Google them..they are out of New York on Sax/5th ave....Very reputable IMO. Excellent tv and purchase
 
u said on the forum that u hav ethat hd lcd tv can u tell me which resolution is best for 360 on this lcd 720p or 1080i????
and what is the price for 23 inch??

is the scaler good when handling non native resolution?
 
Dreamsbetray said:
u said on the forum that u hav ethat hd lcd tv can u tell me which resolution is best for 360 on this lcd 720p or 1080i????
and what is the price for 23 inch??

is the scaler good when handling non native resolution?


Well, it's native resolution is 720p, and that looks awesome...it will scale on the 360 to 1080i. but imo, leaving it at 720p looks the best, even though the difference btwn the 2 is minimal...As far as scaling, I think it's the same for all Lcd's....If you are looking at non hd formats like 480i, even 480p, it kinda looks grainy and washed out...

Playin xbox or ps2 games on the samsung doesn't look the greatest, and DVD's are good but the color of course isn't as crisp as if viewing a DVD through a crt...Overall though, if you're using the samsung for the 360, you won't be disappointed....You can find the 23 inch for around 600$ if you shop around on line, minus shipping....
 
u r saying that native resolution of this lcd is 720p????
but this lcd native is 1,366 x 768 im confussed now
if i select 720p on 360 this lcd scale it 2 match the native means 1,366 x 768
if i select 1080i on 360 this lcd scale it to match the native means 1,366 x 768
plz correct me if im wrong


LNR238W MAXIMUM RESOLUTION 1366 x 768
LNR238WA MAXIMUM RESOLUTION 1280X768
 
Dreamsbetray said:
u r saying that native resolution of this lcd is 720p????
but this lcd native is 1,366 x 768 im confussed now
if i select 720p on 360 this lcd scale it 2 match the native means 1,366 x 768
if i select 1080i on 360 this lcd scale it to match the native means 1,366 x 768
plz correct me if im wrong


LNR238W MAXIMUM RESOLUTION 1366 x 768
LNR238WA MAXIMUM RESOLUTION 1280X768

1366x768 is the native resolution, so running the 360 at 720p would be optimal...U can run the 360 at 1080i on the samsung but IMO, running full progressive scan looks better then interlaced, though like I said b4, it really is hard to tell the difference between the 2 settings. Just realize that this tv is great if you want to use it for your 360
 
Back
Top