Samsung = BS

M

MaMMa

Anyone bought a Samsung brand new and came in messed up! I did and they are charging me to ship it back to them to get a refurbished monitor. Is there anyway around this. This is bullshit. Had to get this out.

How messed up exactly? They're going to be sending you a "recertified" monitor, something I wouldn't worry about. Either that, or no monitor at all, your choice.

I still do not get why people Buy CRT's off the net and have them shipped........

Originally posted by Big Worm
I still do not get why people Buy CRT's off the net and have them shipped........

All monitors are shipped at somepoint anyway. I mean it's not like Newegg (for instance) is directly next to a Viewsonic, Samsung, Sony (etc) manufacturing plant.

It makes a strange humming sound when I goto some particular websites, mostly ones with a white background and lots of text. The monitor settings won't stay from corner to corner after a restart of shut down. I got it from securemart.com, a great website, I ordered over the weekend and got it in 2 days, free shipping! I haven't had it more then 2 weeks, I think if its within 30 days the manufacture should take care of everything at their own expense =\ I do agree with the that they shouldn't be held responsible while its in transit but :mad: Why do I have to pay for broken equipment~

Originally posted by MaMMa
It makes a strange humming sound when I goto some particular websites, mostly ones with a white background and lots of text. The monitor settings won't stay from corner to corner after a restart of shut down. I got it from securemart.com, a great website, I ordered over the weekend and got it in 2 days, free shipping! I haven't had it more then 2 weeks, I think if its within 30 days the manufacture should take care of everything at their own expense =\ I do agree with the that they shouldn't be held responsible while its in transit but :mad: Why do I have to pay for broken equipment~

Sorry, but most manufacturers don't cover return shipping. It is your responsibility to get them the monitor. Sure it sux, but it is the same thing as if you bought it in town. It is your responsibility to take it to the store. I know nec pays for shipping if the monitor is within 30days, but samsung has never covered return shipping. Now on the replacing with refurbished, you should get a new monitor if you are sending in a new monitor, but then again if the monitor is new, you should be dealing with the people you purchased it from and not samsung.

I sent my monitor back to the website i bought it from and they sent me a new one. Still the same noise.

8< samsung monitors. :mad:

Maybe its not a problem with the monitor....to the point where the monitor is broken. Check google to see if anyone is having trouble with that particular monitor and video card that you have. It may be a simple driver problem if the same problem is happening with a brand new monitor.

Other people have this issue also. And all the reviews were glowing. Such BS. Oh well thanks for all the input

Just return it and get another.
But also check your systems spek.
Why return it to samsung for a used one when you can get another new one you bought it from?

I just got a new one from the company and its doing the same deal. Others have this issue also. I don't want to pay shipping back to them agian just for another one of these, i might just get a whole different one.

I've heard of this happening with Samsung monitors before and it turned out to be the flourescent lighting or something. (I think it the article was in pcmag.com or something like that). Strange...

I received a 192N for a gift and it had a buzzing problem. They paid to cross ship me a refurb and paid for the return of my old one.

Originally posted by UnknownSouljer
All monitors are shipped at somepoint anyway. I mean it's not like Newegg (for instance) is directly next to a Viewsonic, Samsung, Sony (etc) manufacturing plant.

being loaded on a pallet and transported with 30 other monitors to a store or warehouse by truck is slightly different than some FedEx jackass dropping it in and out of his truck and then tossing it inside your door when its -20 degrees out because he wants to get back in his warm truck.

Ever seen the beginning of Ace Ventura? Then you know what I am talking about.

write a lteert to customer service or to the CEO of samsung.
i did this for my ibm 2162 S9C desktop which was out of warranty(by 2-3 years), but i had a sound card fail, a hard drive fail, and the motherboard go.
and then i told them my situation and that i ma verry young in life and that if ibm were to leave a bad taste in my mouth like this, id prob not consider them in future purchases...
i paud 140$ in labor, IBM footed the bill for parts.
i have bought IBMs from then on in....
if a company backs its products like that i will be loyal to them.
i did buy a IBM laptop and a few other ibm products, but i did build a pc inbetween my aptiva and the ibm laptop...
but still in my opinion IBM ++ other shitty companies

Actually, my CRT hummed and made really annoying sounds for a while. But after I upped the refresh rate they all went away and they havent come back since. On a side note, my ancient TV has the same problem except that rather then being slightly annoying, it sounded as if the world is breaking in half. Oddly its only on white screens.

in general if you have an issue with a product purchased from a reseller with in their return policy (10-30 days) they take care of the return/replacement of the product...if you go to the mfg they have the option (and you have to read the warranty info) to replace with a new or refurbed product...I work for Apple and that is also an option we have when working on comps that get sent in and some times we do use refurbed parts as they have been tested and known to work...refurb isn't necessairly a bad thing as they are usually gone over in a little more detail than a new products QA process

Back