Samsung announcment

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
1,628
I'm planning to buy a 970 evo 500GB in a few days as they are on sale with a free game. Should I be waiting a bit with the new products announced?

860 QVO (QLC)
970 EVO+ (96L TLC)
980 QVO (QLC)
 
The QLC *should* be a little cheaper but will come at the cost of endurance.

The updated TLC drives use denser chips that should theoretically lower cost *I THINK*. According to this article, it should bring better sequential writes as well.

If you can get the drives on cheap and with the free game you'd actually like or can resell, then I'd probably buy now. I'm not expecting big performance jumps nor big power savings. I could be wrong about the performance jump though, in the case of the 970 Evo Plus
 
Ssd drives (and ram a bit) are expected to drop a good amount over the next 3+months. Easily by 30%+. If you need it though I just got a 2TB with the free game.
 
Right now I'm budgeting for a 500GB drive. Waiting for some items to sell on ebay tomorrow. If prices drop enough I could probably afford a 1TB which would last a good many years.
I'm upgrading from a Samsung 830 256GB.
 
My parts have sold and I have more than enough for the 970 evo plus, should I buy now or wait a few weeks to see what happens with the evo plus?
 
Back
Top