Samsung 213T

j721

n00b
Just picked up mine tonight.

Words that came to my mouth before I turned it on.

"MASSIVE!"

After I turned it on.

"PERFECT!"

1600x1200 clean and crisp from corner to corner. 1 bad pixel. no biggie.

I was too worried about getting a 20" DEll 2001fp from mail order and the 20" Viewsonic VP201 was about the same price as the samsung. BUT the samsung is 21.3" vs 20". Hardly play games anymore so the 25ms is fine for what I do (mainly graphics, web, and video).

I made the mistake of getting a 21" CRT after owning a 19" LCD @ 1280x1024 (which I sold). You just can't get that perfect pixel look everywhere on CRTs and the thing generated so much heat, plus I had troubles getting a consistant color.... etc etc. too much trouble. LCDs rock. god bless technology!

looks like I'll be staying indoors for a while.

Definetely check into CompUSA. prices seem comparable to online shops and you don't have to worry about shipping. Plus online you can check stores near you to see how many they have in stock and reserve on for pickup or delivery if you choose.

This monitor is amazing. I am leaning back in my char and I still have to move my eyes about to see certain areas of the screen. IT's that big. BAD ASSD'!

Woot!

And even though i'm at 1600x1200 the fonts are still all legible are are not too small.

Originally posted by j721

I was too worried about getting a 20" DEll 2001fp from mail order and the 20" Viewsonic VP201 was about the same price as the samsung. BUT the samsung is 21.3" vs 20". Hardly play games anymore so the 25ms is fine for what I do (mainly graphics, web, and video).

Hey I mean I don't mean to be a dick, but what does the size matter, they are both the same resolution? The smaller screen would just give you a sharper picture all things being equal. Any display that size should be at least 2048x1536. But congrats on the screen man, it is a looker for sure.

And even though i'm at 1600x1200 the fonts are still all legible are are not too small.

That's because your monitor is 21.3" fucking wide, why would it be too small? It is bigger than a 22" CRT, and those run a hell of a lot higher than UXGA.

hey could you play some games and comment on ghosting, im really interested in finding out how well it performs

Originally posted by ingenious28
hey could you play some games and comment on ghosting, im really interested in finding out how well it performs

wonder why you aren't cursing me out or putting me down...

sure I'll test some games. just tell me what to try and would love to try. Hopefully I can get a demo copy off the net to try. I go back to Wolfenstien 3D action and used to play Quake DM lots online but not dialed into today's newer games.

get lost wanker

can't let someone be happy huh

nice

Look buddy, I am just pointing out that a slightly smaller display would have been sharper, though the Samsung is one of the best in its class. As for your being able to see the text, it is like you just discovered the wheel for fuck sake, who doesn't run at that resolution already? But really I don't want to argue with you, you have a nice display and I hope you enjoy it. Just realize some of the things you said either a: made no sense like "BUT the samsung is 21.3" vs 20" or b: well the obvious UXGA comment. Now chill man, enjoy your new panel and let's get on with this, no hate from me.

halo is supposed to really break LCD, most will ghost, so that would be a great one to try out
GTA3 also is supposed to cause pretty bad ghosting
battlefield vietnam demo and Q3 also if you can
id really appriciate it :D

Originally posted by olaf2821
Look buddy, I am just pointing out that a slightly smaller display would have been sharper, though the Samsung is one of the best in its class. As for your being able to see the text, it is like you just discovered the wheel for fuck sake, who doesn't run at that resolution already? But really I don't want to argue with you, you have a nice display and I hope you enjoy it. Just realize some of the things you said either a: made no sense like "BUT the samsung is 21.3" vs 20" or b: well the obvious UXGA comment. Now chill man, enjoy your new panel and let's get on with this, no hate from me.

I said the fonts aren't too small. I've heard people complain about fonts being too small on 20" LCDs at 1600... but since the 21.3" is a bigger screen the fonts will be large.... blah blah blah..

Where did it say I discovered text??????? Text is an issue. I didn't say i discovered it. What the fuck.

Who doesn't run at 1600x1200?? Lots of fucking people do still. Not everyone's a computer dork like you buddy and must run the fasted computer with the highest res display. This things don't make you a bigger or cooler person in life.

No hate from you? Well DICK you obviously have some HATE in you from your first post.

Thanks DICK for reminding me how feeble people really are on message boards. THAT'S WHY I USUALLY STAY AWAY. So thanks a fucking lot, loser.

I said the fonts aren't too small. I've heard people complain about fonts being too small on 20" LCDs at 1600... but since the 21.3" is a bigger screen the fonts will be large.... blah blah blah..

Where did it say I discovered text??????? Text is an issue. I didn't say i discovered it. What the fuck.

Who doesn't run at 1600x1200?? Lots of fucking people do still. Not everyone's a computer dork like you buddy and must run the fasted computer with the highest res display. This things don't make you a bigger or cooler person in life.

No hate from you? Well DICK you obviously have some HATE in you from your first post.

Thanks DICK for reminding me how feeble people really are on message boards. THAT'S WHY I USUALLY STAY AWAY. So thanks a fucking lot, loser.

Man, are you really that insecure about your purchase or what? Cheer up, you have a nice monitor. Like I said before, no hate, I just don't know what you are going so crazy about; it's a normal LCD monitor that does very pedestrian things that most decent monitors in the last few years can do. If the screen size and resolution are a revelation to you, I think that is great man. I guess I have sat in front of two displays for the last couple of years with a higher resolution than that, (graphic designer, I need it for work) and am jaded I guess, CRT's mind you, but I was just wondering what all the fuss was about. My apologies if I came off a bit harsh. I have never heard anyone complain about the resolution on a 21" monitor before, cause well, um, I guess I know people that can see, I haven't heard a complaint yet from someone using it on my 1600x1200 15" panel on my i8200 even. As for me being a dork, Christ man, everyone in my family, and damn near everyone I know (with the exception of laptops and my grandma) run a 21+ monitor with a high resolution. Shit man, you have a better monitor than I have at home in a lot of ways, i have a 22" Mitsubishi for my main display.

Peace!

Welcome to the club. I think its the best screen you can buy. I game often and have no noticeable ghosting issues. Granted I have nearly 44 year old eyes.

Fonts are easy. I just right clicked on desktop and then settings, advanced , appearence, then desktop , drop down and selected Window, Extra large fonts and bang , I am in heaven.

This screen is unquestionabley the best I have seen or used and I have used many many high end screens.

Enjoy your new toy!

After all you only live once.

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1974
I suggest that that anyone who does not believe that the Samsung is as good if not better than the Dell for all around use.
Lets face it we dont spend our entire lives gaming.
Read this article

Here is an excerpt from the Anandtech article on the 213T

The look of the 213T speaks volumes of its own. Even though the Dell 2001FP is a high end device, the SyncMaster 213T is the definitive ultra-enthusiast device. We were particularly impressed with contrast, glare and dark value divergence between the 213T and the 2001FP. In our opinion, the 2001FP is the better gaming monitor. However as a workstation LCD, the SyncMaster 213T is unparalleled. DVD playback has no equal to anything we have tested over the last two years, and the additional screen space goes a long way. The brighter panel goes a long way in our opinion.

Originally posted by ingenious28
halo is supposed to really break LCD, most will ghost, so that would be a great one to try out
GTA3 also is supposed to cause pretty bad ghosting
battlefield vietnam demo and Q3 also if you can
id really appriciate it :D

The only game I have realy noticed ghosting on is Far Cry the 2nd demo. I cant explain it but my eyes went nuts last night during a fire fight in the jungle but realy ghosting is the exception.

We are all enthusiastes on many different levels. I remember my first 21 inch Sony CPD500 and how I felt. I was very excited.

I felt the same about my first LCD and yes I was just as enthusiastic about the 213T. You see some of us approach this hobby with the enthusiasm and glee of a child. (Myself included) and some of us dont because we do it for a living. Never the less we all get something out of it or we would not be here.

Lighten up its a great time to be alive no need to go ape shit on each other for christ sake lol

Originally posted by olaf2821
Hey I mean I don't mean to be a dick, but what does the size matter, they are both the same resolution? The smaller screen would just give you a sharper picture all things being equal. Any display that size should be at least 2048x1536. But congrats on the screen man, it is a looker for sure.

That's because your monitor is 21.3" fucking wide, why would it be too small? It is bigger than a 22" CRT, and those run a hell of a lot higher than UXGA.

Dude I don't see the point in your post.

I don't know anyone who would prefer a 15" monitor at 1280x1024 instead of a 17" monitor at that same resolution just because it wouldn't be as sharp. The same goes here, the 21" is better because you get the same resolution and the fonts are lareger due to the larger screen. Lets not forget video, DVDs, games etc. which are better because of the extra inch.

Originally posted by agentzero9
Dude I don't see the point in your post.

I don't know anyone who would prefer a 15" monitor at 1280x1024 instead of a 17" monitor at that same resolution just because it wouldn't be as sharp. The same goes here, the 21" is better because you get the same resolution and the fonts are lareger due to the larger screen. Lets not forget video, DVDs, games etc. which are better because of the extra inch.

Well I guess I would, the 15" on my Dell is hands down the sharpest display I have used (well the very dense screens in the 8600 are just as nice). My point was not to rag on his display, or him, but more to point out that the Samsung is a huge display and UXGA is pretty week for something that size. Oh, and if someone came out with an UXGA 17" or I really hope a 17" widescreen at WUXGA I would snap it up in a second, as would a lot of people I imagine. I am hoping those 17" WUXGA laptop screens that are supposedly coming out for the 8790 and clones trickle to the desktop like the 17" 1440x900 screens do. The whole point is to increase the resolution with the display size, and that is why you run your 21" at 1600x1200 or 2048x1536 and not at a lower resolution. I'll let it go, I just think it is a waste.

Back