Samsung 172X vs. NEC 1760NX-1

Meng-Chieh

Weaksauce
Ok, I know that the Samsung has better specs in some aspects, but is the near-or-over-$100 increase in price worth it? Is the NEC that much worse at gaming and dvd-playbacK?

I'd buy an AU panel screen...I just can't help but thinking though, not even price or performance related. Its been out for a while. Its old. SOMETHING better has to be on the way.

EDIT: OT, sorry. The 172x, it seems like people think it has better image quality and rate the blurring about on par with the AU screens, but with better image quality. I don't know own one, just a summary of what i've read.n I'm trying to find out what screen is in the iiyama screen on newegg. 16ms response time and dvi, for CHEAP. I just can't find out who makes the panel.

Here

I own the 172X and am very happy with its performance. I haven't noticed any ghosting in my games so far (Counter-Strike, FarCry) and the color reproduction is very nice. I would recommend using the DVI over the Analog connection for sure...it really helps out in pretty much every area. Physically, it's pretty slick...very thin and the silver and black (IMHO) look awesome.

Back