Safe Voltages & Mushkin

The Donut

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 28, 2003
Messages
3,122
Hey Guys,

I have a few questions to which I put to your expertise.

I have:

P4 2.6C
IC7MAX3
2x256MB Mushkin Level 1 Black PC3500
AIW 9800Pro

I'm currently running the 2.6C @ 3.3, without any problems, vcore 1.65, vdimm 2.8, using DRAM ration of 5:4.

I was wondering why if I push it any higher does it become so unstable? barely booting at times? Is it the max for my chip? Or do I need to increase voltages for the vcore some more? If so, whats the safe zone without causing damage to the chip?

Edit: Temps are all fine, Zalman CNPS 7000Cu, doesnt exceed 52c under full load.
Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
Luke
 
i wouldnt go any higher with the vcore 1.7-1.75 is the limit on air.

most of the intel type c processors hit the wall at 3.3ghz you should be happy i could only get 3.15ghz stable
 
Leave your vcore below 1.7 volts. If you need to raise any voltage, try your ram voltage and see if you can get any higher fsb.
 
Back
Top