s939 board w/ crossfire

aeon

Limp Gawd
I just fried my Dfi Nf4-D board and now i'm looking for another board. I have two ati hd3879 that i want to run crossfire with. I've been looking at the dfi cfx3200, but from the reviews at newegg, people are having a lot of booting and freezing problems.

any other recommendations that you guy have?

abit AT8 32X if you can find one & of course Asus made 1 as well, A8R32-MVP Deluxe.

thanks man. looks like the asus board is a pretty good one. i'll look more into both boards.

aeon, I have an abit AT8 32x I'm not using, let me know if you're interested and i'll sell it to you.

I just fried my Dfi Nf4-D board and now i'm looking for another board. I have two ati hd3879 that i want to run crossfire with. I've been looking at the dfi cfx3200, but from the reviews at newegg, people are having a lot of booting and freezing problems.

any other recommendations that you guy have?

I bought that DFI 3200 board. Worst board I've ever used. I couldn't get it to reliably see more than 1 SATA drive at a time. There were alot of threads around the internet about the SATA implementation problems.

right now the asus A8R32-MVP seems like the board i'm going to buy.

yeah id say go for the asus board over the abit one as well.
i have a dead at8 32x that just died on it's own accord.
it always had issues also with the sata ports tied to the uli controller onboard.
worst mistake was the uli substitute to handle sata raid because of slow sata on the ati chipset.
traded slow sata for non-functioning sata. there were tons of uli chipset boards with flaky as hell sata issues. the drives would just pop in and out under xp or server 2003 due to the controller disconnecting them randomly.

the asus had issues as well as the abit and the dfi boards. none were free of the issues and there was even a rev board from asus to correct the issue. so look for the latest rev asus board if you go that way as it was supposedly the best option.

well i've already bought the motherboard from someone on here. didn't ask him about the rev number. i was hoping the board would be here by now but so far nothing.

Back