S.I. T-Amp + Zero DAC

King of Heroes

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 26, 2008
Messages
2,006
Come Christmas I wanted to upgrade the sound system in my sig a little, which has been very good to me so far. I realize that's still a very long ways off, but I thought I'd ask now so I could at least get an early start in saving up.

The Zero DAC has been brought up alot on this forum and after reading Head-Fi's review on it I thought it'd be a nice, and cheap, addition as a headphone/pre-amp. The guy who wrote the Head-Fi review tested it with a S.I. T-Amp (though a much more expensive one than I have) and it seemed to make a big difference to him. If I get it I'll be using the TOSlink optical out on my X-Fi Titanium. Since I only use stereo I don't think I'd have to worry about compression for EAX or anything else.

I wanted to ask the forum and see if anyone else has done something similar and if it made a difference for them. Or would I be better off just getting a better amp or bookshelves?

Also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZERO-24-192-DAC...ryZ14978QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem <-- Is Ebay the only place to get a Zero DAC? Whenever I Google it all I get are reviews, but no online retailer that carries it.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Come Christmas I wanted to upgrade the sound system in my sig a little, which has been very good to me so far. I realize that's still a very long ways off, but I thought I'd ask now so I could at least get an early start in saving up.

The Zero DAC has been brought up alot on this forum and after reading Head-Fi's review on it I thought it'd be a nice, and cheap, addition as a headphone/pre-amp. The guy who wrote the Head-Fi review tested it with a S.I. T-Amp (though a much more expensive one than I have) and it seemed to make a big difference to him. If I get it I'll be using the TOSlink optical out on my X-Fi Titanium. Since I only use stereo I don't think I'd have to worry about compression for EAX or anything else.

I wanted to ask the forum and see if anyone else has done something similar and if it made a difference for them. Or would I be better off just getting a better amp or bookshelves?

Also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZERO-24-192-DAC...ryZ14978QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem <-- Is Ebay the only place to get a Zero DAC? Whenever I Google it all I get are reviews, but no online retailer that carries it.

Yep its made and shipped to order from china I believe so ..thats basicly the only place to get it unless you find someone in the states that wants to offload it.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top