Running 2x AIO in a case. Is the SG09 the best case? (Can a SG09 owner verify a question)

Bowhuntr11

[H]F Junkie
Trying to find a good case that will run a dual AIO setup.

Planning on getting a Corsair H60 and 1070 Hybrid, I know the CPU AIO will fit on the rear of the case, but will the GPU cooler clear fine on the side panel? I can't find much information on that.

If anybody has a better case then I am all up for it, but the only problem I have is I need it to fit within a specific area that is 10"Hx11"Wx23"D, and can only find the SG09 that fits within those. I was looking at the NCase and other mITX cases, but since I am going Ryzen there really isn't any mITX mobo's right now. :(

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Pretty sure you can fit a pair of 120mm rads in a Corsair 250D. You could even up the CPU rad to 140 or even 240.

Thermaltake Core V1 fits 120/140mm rads in front and 120mm rad on the side panel. If drilling an extra screw hole is no problem, you could probably fit both in the front.

Fractal Node 304/Core 500 has multiple AIO mounting options.

Fractal Define Nano can fit dual 240/280mm radiators. You can replace the AIO on the EVGA Hybrid card if you wanted to take advantage of that.

...need it to fit within a specific area that is 10"Hx11"Wx23"D, and can only find the SG09 that fits within those. I was looking at the NCase and other mITX cases, but since I am going Ryzen there really isn't any mITX mobo's right now. :(

Pretty sure you can fit a pair of 120mm rads in a Corsair 250D. You could even up the CPU rad to 140 or even 240.

Thermaltake Core V1 fits 120/140mm rads in front and 120mm rad on the side panel. If drilling an extra screw hole is no problem, you could probably fit both in the front.

Fractal Node 304/Core 500 has multiple AIO mounting options.

Fractal Define Nano can fit dual 240/280mm radiators. You can replace the AIO on the EVGA Hybrid card if you wanted to take advantage of that.

I believe three of the five cases mentioned do not fit the size parameters stated by the OP... The Node 304 & Core 500 will work (size-wise), but the Node 304 would need modding to fit TWO 120mm AIOs within...

The Core 500 would be the best choice for Out-Of-The-Box AIO compatibility... You might be able to place two 120mm AIOs up top; worst case, one AIO up top & the other on the back...

There could also be the possibility of having a 240mm AIO up top & a 120mm AIO on the back...?

Regarding Ryzen, there is the Biostar board out now (if you can find it in stock) & the ASRock board(s) are supposed to be available in a month or so...

As for the NCase M1, that would also work, and if you search the main M1 thread, you will see several examples of such...

I believe three of the five cases mentioned do not fit the size parameters stated by the OP... The Node 304 & Core 500 will work (size-wise), but the Node 304 would need modding to fit TWO 120mm AIOs within...

The Core 500 would be the best choice for Out-Of-The-Box AIO compatibility... You might be able to place two 120mm AIOs up top; worst case, one AIO up top & the other on the back...

There could also be the possibility of having a 240mm AIO up top & a 120mm AIO on the back...?

Regarding Ryzen, there is the Biostar board out now (if you can find it in stock) & the ASRock board(s) are supposed to be available in a month or so...

As for the NCase M1, that would also work, and if you search the main M1 thread, you will see several examples of such...

The Define Nano might be. The Corsair is borderline. The Thermaltake is 10.25x10.25x12 exactly, not counting the feet, which bring the height to exactly 11in.

Eitherway, it's better to give all options and let the OP decide if he wants to change his plans or not, or even remeasure to see if an extra half an inch is possible.

Thanks guys for the info. I just looked at all suggested and yea doesn't look like any of those will work unfortunately.

Either too big, or is a mITX which doesn't seem to have any AM4 boards yet(or not in Stock) for ryzen

I need it to fit within a specific area that is 10"Hx11"Wx23"D, and can only find the SG09 that fits within those.
Except the SG09 is 11.61" x 8.66" x 13.94", so that's not going to work either.

Since microATX is 9.6" on a side, and you only have 10" of height to work with, you need a case where the board sits horizontally instead of vertically. These are often referred to as "cube cases," and of these the only one I know of that fits your requirements is the CaseLabs BH4. It just barely meets your size limits (9.5" x 11" x 13"), and it's got 4x120mm fans mounts, so you should be able to work something out with the radiator mounting. Couple things though:
  1. You may only be able to get a single rad up front due to the length of the video card, which means the other rad will need to go on top. If the space this is going in to is solid on top, this is going to leave little to no room for airflow for that top rad.
  2. The BH4 only supports SFX power supplies (luckily for you; ATX support would push the height over your limit).

Thanks guys for the info. I just looked at all suggested and yea doesn't look like any of those will work unfortunately.

Either too big, or is a mITX which doesn't seem to have any AM4 boards yet(or not in Stock) for ryzen

Wait a month? Asrock is supposedly launching X370 and B350 ITX boards soon.

Since microATX is 9.6" on a side, and you only have 10" of height to work with, you need a case where the board sits horizontally instead of vertically. These are often referred to as "cube cases," and of these the only one I know of that fits your requirements is the CaseLabs BH4. It just barely meets your size limits (9.5" x 11" x 13"), and it's got 4x120mm fans mounts, so you should be able to work something out with the radiator mounting. Couple things though:
  1. You may only be able to get a single rad up front due to the length of the video card, which means the other rad will need to go on top. If the space this is going in to is solid on top, this is going to leave little to no room for airflow for that top rad.
  2. The BH4 only supports SFX power supplies (luckily for you; ATX support would push the height over your limit).

Dammit! Newegg (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163222) has it listed as:
Dimensions (H x W x D) -> 8.66" x 11.61" x 13.94"
But you are right looks like that is incorrect. :mad::mad::mad:

I like that BH4, but of course its expensive(Just wasn't planning on spending that much). Hmm what to do, what to do...

Wait a month? Asrock is supposedly launching X370 and B350 ITX boards soon.

Yeah I might just have to, I feel like I have been waiting forever already :(

Hey necere, just want to say thanks. Ordered a BH4, I think it'll work out perfectly!

Thanks to both of you guys for your help!

Back