RTX 4080: Countdown To Second-Best™

scalpers need to turn off their bots or they are going to lose lot of money lmao. 4080s are being auto scalped on major retailers still especially amazon. They are trying to resell them for 1800 lmao. They can burn $$ for trying to sell 4080 for 1800 lmao. i can see 4090, people paying up 150-200 ish on top finders fee. But to expect 4080 anything higher than 1200 is insanity I mean nvidia is already scalping there lol.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking at Ebay it seem like there is nice money to be made on the Founder Edition (going at $1500-1750+):
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=rtx+4080&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Bit surprised how high some card goes, but we already see people loosing actively good amount of money on some sales (one has low as $1200, better have surcharged shipping because all the taxes and ebay fee are pure lost)
People like FE cards and they are hard to get. Probably the one model that will actually scalp well.

For last gen I got an FE because it was the only model of the GA102 based cards I could fit in my system with waterblock and not have clearance issues with either my side panel and/or reservoir/pump.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Minus one RTX 4080 STRIX OC at the MN Micro Center...part of the problem!

Son's rig - 5950X / RTX 4080 (formerly RTX 3080).

EDIT: now a 5800X3D-powered rig!

Now to hunt for the Seasonic dongle...

5950X_4080.jpg

EDIT2: now a 7900X-powered rig! Moved to the ASUS ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI board, got the Seasonic dongle, and moved to an MSI Gaming Trio GeForce RTX 4090 (also 64GB of DDR5-6000 CL30 G.Skill):

https://valid.x86.fr/kq9g7g

IMG-1140.jpg
IMG-1142.jpg

Last edited:
dang almost 4090 price for that puppy. I guess its worth it as long as one enjoys lmao.
Yup. Can’t find the 4090 at $1599 everyone wants to scalp. ;)

Pairs with my 4090 STRIX for the little dude.

Well who knows, you could obtain a 4080 at msrp pretty easily this time around.

Yep but then $1199 is the placeholder MSRP. The one planned all along is $999. The $1199 pricepoint is saying

"We have no competition in the $1000-1400 segment except our own 30-series - which we said we'd be focusing on clearing ASAP - so we won't get aggressive on pricing before we need to, but for now anyone is welcome to pay +$200 for the early access pass to this part on top of the base $999 - you're welcome".

It drops to $999 either when sellthrough lags below a certain threshold, or *enough* market pressure from AMD, or 4080 Ti is ready to slot in to $1199 and bump it downward.

Last edited:
I just can't stomach the fps gain from what I currently have to what I'd (get) have to spend to buy a 4080...let alone a 4090. I'll def wait till 5 series. Or see what the prices are next summer. The cambridge MC had 4080s in stock. Now if THAT MC has the latest and greatest in stock, being the college town it is, you know something was up.

I just can't stomach the fps gain from what I currently have to what I'd (get) have to spend to buy a 4080...let alone a 4090. I'll def wait till 5 series. Or see what the prices are next summer. The cambridge MC had 4080s in stock. Now if THAT MC has the latest and greatest in stock, being the college town it is, you know something was up.
I'll wait and see what the next generation brings in a couple years. I am in no hurry to upgrade. I don't see a reason to upgrade every gen like some do, but I also do not play the bleeding edge games right when they come out either. Such a backlog.

Not only a college town - arguably the richest college town in the country, between Hahvahd and MIT.

That place is useless, considering out of the other side of their mouth they'll claim inflation doesn't exist and we're just complaining about nothing.

Back