RR2320 Help

Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
6
So, I have a rocket raid 2320 card, and I have 8x 500GB drives attached. They have been happily chugging away for a few years in a raid 5 format.

Recently my computer started making this incredibly loud annoying beeping at seemingly random times, and I did not know what it was. I now know it was my rr2320 trying to get my attention about one disk failing. (you would think there would be a better way, say some sort of popup once you boot up. but whatever.)

When I logged into the management console I was presented with this screen:
sadness.jpg

to which I pressed cancel.

After determining that it was disk 2 that was bad, I unplugged it, booted up, and went to look at the management console again. However, I accidentally pressed ok at that screen. (you have to press cancel to get to the management console, wtf is that?)

So I plugged the bad drive back in and now I have this:
sadness2.jpg

rather than just 7 initialized disks. When I look at the devices I have 7 'initialized' disks and the bad one is listed as normal.

I haven't done anything else because I do not want to mess up any more. All I want to do is re-add those disks to the array (I even know where they went, as I matched the disks to the channels, ex disk 1 was on channel 1, etc.) and then get another 500gb drive and rebuild it.

Does anyone have any experience with this controller? How screwed am I?

Edit: I've already contacted highpoint support, but I doubt they will be of much help, hence why I am here.
 
Back
Top