darkwing5736
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- May 19, 2005
- Messages
- 204
Howdy!
I'm looking to build a new file server to replace my old one. I'm going to re-use a few spare parts I have laying around. Namely, I have a 16port Adaptec Sata Controller. I saw the norco case has a SAS back plane. I'll admit I'm new to SAS. I just want to confirm something...
[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/INTEL-Mini-SAS-SFF-8087-4-x-SATA-SAS-Fan-out-Cable-/290579883129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a7e92479"]INTEL Mini SAS SFF-8087 to 4 x SATA/SAS Fan-out Cable | eBay[/ame]
I could use one of those type of cables to go from the back plane to the Sata Controller card correct? I really don't want to invest in a new SAS controller card as they are a bit pricey....
Thanks in advance for any help!
I'm looking to build a new file server to replace my old one. I'm going to re-use a few spare parts I have laying around. Namely, I have a 16port Adaptec Sata Controller. I saw the norco case has a SAS back plane. I'll admit I'm new to SAS. I just want to confirm something...
[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/INTEL-Mini-SAS-SFF-8087-4-x-SATA-SAS-Fan-out-Cable-/290579883129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a7e92479"]INTEL Mini SAS SFF-8087 to 4 x SATA/SAS Fan-out Cable | eBay[/ame]
I could use one of those type of cables to go from the back plane to the Sata Controller card correct? I really don't want to invest in a new SAS controller card as they are a bit pricey....
Thanks in advance for any help!