Routers that can be modded (firmware ) to be multi-WAN

I'm trying to find some routers that would allow for multiple WAN inputs and preferable some kind of load balancing or someother form of traffic sharing/splitting. If there was one that allowed for USB input that would be awesome as that means a cell phone could be used as a hot spot w/o having to use wifi.

Anyone know of any that do this?

i know of none. typically the ones which are able to do so... have dual wan ports.

as for cell phone backup.. most meraki and cisco products can do it.

Plenty of ones that just support dual wan natively. Ubiquiti Edgerouter lineup, Zyxel USG, cisco, microtik, etc.

MOFI networks makes an interesting option in that they have models with a 4G radio built in, just add a SIM

Who needs modding?

https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-System...F8&qid=1484929537&sr=8-1&keywords=cisco+rv320

I have one. It works great. (I have a pfsense router in active use right now, and my RV320 is packed up, but I do have one and did use it for over 2 years.) However, it does take a lot longer to boot than most, it doesn't have wireless, and it is a bit pricey. I haven't actually tried the multi-WAN connectivity, though. I read it works well. It is meant for small to medium businesses.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back