Rocketfish BLK Aluminum Full-Tower Case (Rebranded Lian Li) @ Best Buy ~ $150 Shipped

Id rather call to check if available as my closest is 30+mins away.

Thanks in advance for anyone who comes through.

If nothing else I'll just ask for by name and price check it.

That's by memory though... wait I have the box right next to me...

Yea... that's right :)

That's by memory though... wait I have the box right next to me...

Yea... that's right :)

called store the sku came up, but price showing $119, but it did say it was discontinued, so maybe once rung up at register the $70something would ring up, will find out soon, thx again.

called store the sku came up, but price showing $119, but it did say it was discontinued, so maybe once rung up at register the $70something would ring up, will find out soon, thx again.

yeah, go in store andifits still 120 talk to the supervisor of the computer dept and see whta he will give it away for since he makes the decision.

Of course it'd be nice to get it for $72 (maybe even throw in a coupon), but I'd be okay with getting this case for $120...y'know it's just one of those things? Maybe it's just me, but I think either price is still a great deal regardless. Good Luck, and glad this discussion is still going on!

I've had this case now for 3 days and I haven't had time to work on it yet dammit. Looks pretty sweet, mine is gonna look a bit more like the picture on the box and I'm a little worried that one of the cables from my PSU is going to be a bit to short...

maybe in another week or so they will finally mark these down in all the stores. I just called another store and the kid told me it was $119. I'm pretty sure he just walked over to where it was and looked at the price on the shelf.

maybe in another week or so they will finally mark these down in all the stores. I just called another store and the kid told me it was $119. I'm pretty sure he just walked over to where it was and looked at the price on the shelf.

If it's close enough I'd just go there... it was listed at $202... rang up as $72...

I don't trust employees, unless I'm right there checking with them...

not feeling that adventurous, I'd prefer to wait to see what type of success others are having, or they actually mark it down. I'd imagine that would be a bit odd to carry that huge box to the cashier just to find out it's the same price it is marked on the shelf.

Hehe... just find an employee to look it up by SKU number... at the store... I saw the guy type in the number and saw the price of $71.99

I didn't even call ahead to check stock. I asked one guy if he could check in the back for a box that didn't look so beatup... he said "no we don't store items, only the items on the floor are what is in stock" ... Wait... what?

Then I asked the customer service if it was considered open-box because there was no tape on the top (you could stick your hand in) but tape on the sides. He was like "well... there's tape on the sides"... I was hoping to get it even cheaper :eek:

my nearest had 6in stock and even noted that theres a DISCONTINUED tagged on item, so I get there, carry to register it rings up $119 and $125 with taxes and so I say, Can I talk to a Supervisor or Manager, I wait like 5mins some girl comes over, I explain how they are being discontinued and some ppl have gotten it for $70+tax and she says lemme see, then after a few mins, she returns to only say, well its still showing up on our website at $119 so I cant do anything, to which I reply, but you do admit its coming up as discontinued and she says yes, to which I said ok do u know when they may mark them down or what not? Nope she replies and then I just said ok thanks for your time, and left.:rolleyes:

Im gonna give it time and if I cant get it marked down I may just buy anyways, not sure though, think I may call ahead this time and speak with a Super or someone else, Store I went to was kinda dead, never seen so few employees at a bestbuy, It was one of those Magnolia Theatre BestBuy's suprisingly they had more than home theatre's.

my nearest had 6in stock and even noted that theres a DISCONTINUED tagged on item, so I get there, carry to register it rings up $119 and $125 with taxes and so I say, Can I talk to a Supervisor or Manager, I wait like 5mins some girl comes over, I explain how they are being discontinued and some ppl have gotten it for $70+tax and she says lemme see, then after a few mins, she returns to only say, well its still showing up on our website at $119 so I cant do anything, to which I reply, but you do admit its coming up as discontinued and she says yes, to which I said ok do u know when they may mark them down or what not? Nope she replies and then I just said ok thanks for your time, and left.:rolleyes:

Im gonna give it time and if I cant get it marked down I may just buy anyways, not sure though, think I may call ahead this time and speak with a Super or someone else, Store I went to was kinda dead, never seen so few employees at a bestbuy, It was one of those Magnolia Theatre BestBuy's suprisingly they had more than home theatre's.

I ran into the same thing when I was there today. They had two, sku was the same, rang up 119. Oh well, I really wanted a V2100 anyway for the 12 internal 3.5s.

I ran into the same thing when I was there today. They had two, sku was the same, rang up 119. Oh well, I really wanted a V2100 anyway for the 12 internal 3.5s.

yep 2 on shelf but 6 in stock when I called, bummed me, but eh, if u happen to come across a hotdeal post it, im still looking for a full tower thats similiar.and ill do the same.

I don't own this case, however I do own an Lian Li case with a door, To remove it, you'd essentially have to unscrew the top and bottom planes in the front (as circled):

ringsdw9.jpg

^you might be left with 6-holes in the front, but you might just put the screws back in take care of the holes.

It may look something similar to the PC-75 chassis from back in the day:

rings2kd3.png

I can't seem to find the link where this guy actually removed the door and displayed the final result :\ It was on this forum in a foreign language

To remove the front panel, you need to unscrew 4 screws, 2 on each side at the top and bottom.

And to remove the door, you unscrew those 6 screws.

Be warned, it's a PITA to get the door back on after you take it off... there are 2 little pins that hold the door in, don't lose them.

cant seem to get an answer to this question but hopefully you guys can help me out

is the rocketfish logo easily removable? i'd like to purchase it and have a clean black look to it..

It might be, but there will be a little divet where the logo was...

It looks like a sticker, but it's flush with the aluminum around it...

Might be a big pain...

Called The Taunton, Attleboro, and Mansfield and nada, the first 2 have them, but dont have them marked down STILL, this is MADNESS!

Brockton no ones picked up phone. :(

Called The Taunton, Attleboro, and Mansfield and nada, the first 2 have them, but dont have them marked down STILL, this is MADNESS!

Brockton no ones picked up phone. :(

Talk to a BB employee and ask them to look up the SKU in RSS. They can check not only their store, but any others in the area and tell you the price and stock level at each store.

-Jade

This is a double post because there are two discussions in Hot Deals about this case, and I wanted to make sure anyone looking for this case has a chance at getting one for $47.99.

I almost waited too long. One left at the 94th and Quivira store in Overland Park KS for $47.99. But employee was nice enough and found 5 more for the same price at the Lees' Summit store off of 50 Hi-way and Chipman Rd.

Go get 'em.

Thanks to the op for the heads up weeks back.

Back