Roaming profile not saving?

• Thread starter Deleted member 19858
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19858

I just finish setting up my home server and have my computer logging into the domain I created. I copied my current profile to the server then in Active Directory set the profile to where the DIR is. When I log onto the computer the profile is correct. If I make any changes and logout then log back in it reverts to the original profile I created. What do I need to change so everytime I log out it saves my profile to the server?

is the directory where the roaming profiles stored shared? and are the correct permissions set.

yep my first guess permissions. You will have to make sure the directory where your profile is stored gives your account the permission to change the file, especially if you arent logged in as "administrator".

I have D:\Profiles and that is shared, with the correct permissions... Then I have D:\Profiles\SnowPunk98 where my profile is stored. That DIR gives the AD user SnowPunk98 full control.

what is the file extension of your profile? ntuser.man or ntuser.dat?

and a big DUH to me, admin has to take ownership without a GP edit to get permission...(in XP anyways) the user should have full control

The AD user has full control to both directories, as for as the GPO I dont know which part you are talking about.

In the user properties where you set the path of the profile, set it to \\server\share instead of the local path (D:\Profiles).

It is set to \\server\profiles\snowpunk98 which is where my profile resides. \\server\profiles is wher the DIR for each persons profile is.

Back