Riva Tuner question

jrg70

Weaksauce
I've never really used Riva Tuner before, so I'm a total novice.

I recently put together a new system and had to RMA the video card after it started having problems. It may have overheated, so I want to make sure I can avoid that again.

I set up some fan profiles in Riva Tuner. And some items in the Launcher. And finally some items in the Scheduler.

As the GPU Core temp changes, the fan speed percentage will change with it.

The Scheduler is set for specific ranges of temperature to have specific fan speeds.
For example:
50% fan speed 59° or cooler
60% fan speed 60°-69°
70% fan speed 70°-79°

I fired up a 3D game and sure enough as the temp went up, the fan went right along. But the fan speed didn't go down as the temp went down. With this set up shouldn't the fan speed go down as the GPU cools off? I played COD4 for a few minutes. The fan speed went up and stayed there after I shut the game down and watched the temperature go down (through the Hardware Monitor). While I'm gaming I don't mind the noise of the fan. But when I shut down the game I want the fan to slow down (and quiet down) without my interaction.

System Specs:
Asus P5E
Core 2 Quad Q6600
BFG Tech 8800GTS 5412MB OC
2 x 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (Dual Channel)
Seagate 320GB SATA
Seagate 750GB SATA
Corsair 520HX PSU
Vista Ultimate 64-bit

What version of Riva Tuner are you using? I have a similar setup with the fan profiles and it works the way it should by going down when the temp goes down. Sometimes it also defaults to 36% and won't go up but if I switch to my 40% fan profile it fixes this problem.

Back