Right clicking on non-working mapped network drive, My Computer freezes (Win 7)

JaYp146

Supreme [H]ardness
Okay guys,

Using this guide: http://mynetx.net/2352/how-to-connect-your-skydrive-in-windows-explorer , I attempted to make a mapped network drive of my Windows SkyDrive (which is 25GB of cloud storage). Here is a picture (non-important stuff has been smudged):

GQ0pv.png

It failed, but now I'm left with a Network Location in My Computer that simply won't go away. Right clicking on it ultimately results in the "hour glass" icon, My Computer freezing ("Not Responding"), and Windows Explorer crashing. Obviously this is preventing me from completely disconnecting from the drive.

Thankfully, Windows 7 recovers well from Explorer crashes. I'd also like to note that this unmapped network drive increases my Windows 7 boot time by a couple minutes. I've also tried "net use /del S:" in Command Prompt - it said the drive was deleted, but it still shows up in My Computer.

My question simply is: how can I delete this annoying network drive? TL;DR - Right clicking obviously doesn't get me a context menu, and double clicking generates a failure to connect message.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Scratch that - problem was fixed after restarting the computer after using the Command Prompt ...

net use /del X: (where X is the drive letter)

worked.

Back