Restricting access using DD-WRT

daemonmf

Limp Gawd
My roommate runs some kind of P2P software on our network and it keeps saturating our bandwidth and getting our service turned off. I'm running DD-WRT on a Linksys WRT54GL. Can I allow only essential ports to his MAC address? I'm thinking I can do this with IPtables, but I'm not familiar enough with it. Any help would be appreciated.

i think dd-wrt has QOS

give your stuff priority and p2p less

Thanks for the reply, but QOS isn't going to cut it. Although he pays for half the bill, its in my name and don't want his carelessness effecting me. I need complete filtration of only his MAC address for everything but port 80.

Access restrictions in DD-WRT are borked as far as I can tell. Trying to figure out IPtables was giving me a headache, so I went and installed Tomato hoping it's access restrictions would work and they totally do. Gotta say, I'm impressed with Tomato.

Thanks for the reply, but QOS isn't going to cut it. Although he pays for half the bill, its in my name and don't want his carelessness effecting me. I need complete filtration of only his MAC address for everything but port 80.

Despite the problems he is causing, if he is paying half the bill you're just asking for trouble by being an ass like that. If simply telling him to knock that shit off isn't cutting it you should be looking into getting an ISP that doesn't cut your service or the both of you getting separate services.

Re-reading this thread, I think you should go with a PFsense box and setup a traffic shaper and a penalty box.

Back