restart after windows bootup - help

effect

n00b
I'm not sure what's wrong with my computer. As I haven't done much to it. I only have one monitor and 2 computer - sometimes I switch the monitor to the my currently ''broken computer' back and forth between the 2.

Untill this morning I switch it back to my 'computer' and it booted up fine, pass post, everything seems like normal. When it loads the windows screen - the big windows xp on black bg - right after post. It quickly shows a blue screen with some text. I'm not sure what it saids on the blue screen because it restarts right after the blue screen comes on.

and the whole process repeats itself. It loads up to the Windows XP screen - blue screen - restart. I don't think its the hard drive because I've taken the hd from my working computer and plug it in to the broken one and the same thing happen.

Could it be a hardware problem? - as I haven't thouch anything inside the computer before this happen.

Can you at least boot into safe mode? If so then go to start>control Panel>System and click the advanced tab, then click the startup and performance settings button. Then under the system failure heading uncheck the box next to "Automatically restart". At least then the blue screen will stay up and you can get a better fix on what file is causing the problem and go from there

Back