Removing stand on ASUS monitors

jxaznxk

Limp Gawd
im planning to get an arm for my ASUS VH222H and i have no idea how to remove the stand on the back ive looked through the whole back and i still have no idea how to remove it, can someone with a similar screen give me some advice:)

-Thank You

Hey, i have a VH236H and came with the same problem. If your monitor stand is like mine, then you can pry off the back plate which gives u access to the screws holding it to the monitor. good luck!

i will use a flathead screw driver and give it a try maybe it would work

I wish these would all just use VESA mounts - stupid ass samsung that I have uses VESA 75 mounts and of course I have a 100 monitor arm. My viewsonic monitor uses some whack mount as well...sigh

i mean i can get the VESA mount on but the stand is still there, it has 3 small screws but its impossible to reach

i mean i can get the VESA mount on but the stand is still there, it has 3 small screws but its impossible to reach

Did you ever find a solution to this? I've tried everything but the thing just won't come off. Here are some pics:

15df2h.jpg

35jgdpw.jpg

*Deleted text, easier to do with pix*

Here..

Remove this piece of plastic to expose the screws.

img6901b.jpg

img6900i.jpg

That is my issue, I don't know how to remove that plastic! Any ideas?

Thanks for the pics and help!

I have a VW222H and was able to remove the stand back in the summer. IIRC, I did the same thing icor1031 posted pictures of. Used a flathead or something to pry the plastic off. It was a PITA but I got it.

Sorry, but which plastic part are you guys referring to exactly? The one where the screws are screwed in or what?

O ok. You see, this is the part of the neck I don't know how to get off (the thing that attaches to the circular plate). I've tried pulling it, pushing it in, everything. It just won't budge.

Holy shit. I have a VH236H on a better stand, and I thought that removing that damn thing was a lost cause... so I just had this ghetto looking stub sticking out. You guys are awesome -- I got that sonbitch taken off in about 2 minutes.

Holy shit. I have a VH236H on a better stand, and I thought that removing that damn thing was a lost cause... so I just had this ghetto looking stub sticking out. You guys are awesome -- I got that sonbitch taken off in about 2 minutes.
Glad you got it to work but can you give me some guidance as to how you did it (detailed)?

Sure. Okay, put the monitor face down. Now look at the side of the stand. See how there's that indent near the very top? Basically, you want to wedge a flathead screwdriver in there, and pry the top part off. It shouldn't be too tough to get the screwdriver to go in, and you don't need to worry about causing any damage. You can't mess anything up. One you get that plastic panel off, you'll be able to access the screws holding the remainder of the stand in place.

Hopefully that helps... if not, feel free to ask further.

Sure. Okay, put the monitor face down. Now look at the side of the stand. See how there's that indent near the very top? Basically, you want to wedge a flathead screwdriver in there, and pry the top part off. It shouldn't be too tough to get the screwdriver to go in, and you don't need to worry about causing any damage. You can't mess anything up. One you get that plastic panel off, you'll be able to access the screws holding the remainder of the stand in place.

Hopefully that helps... if not, feel free to ask further.
Thanks so much. I kind of see what you mean. Am I trying to get the shiny part off (glossy) or the plasticy part or is it just one whole piece? Also, when the screwdriver is in there, do I just try to pop it out?

Thanks so much. I kind of see what you mean. Am I trying to get the shiny part off (glossy) or the plasticy part or is it just one whole piece? Also, when the screwdriver is in there, do I just try to pop it out?

You'll be trying to pry off the plastic-y part with the matte finish. The shiny part (which is the bigger part of the stand) is what you'll need to unscrew from the monitor.

And yes, when the screwdriver is in there, you just pop it out. I was a bit nervous taking a screwdriver to the thing, but it worked without a hitch.

You'll be trying to pry off the plastic-y part with the matte finish. The shiny part (which is the bigger part of the stand) is what you'll need to unscrew from the monitor.

And yes, when the screwdriver is in there, you just pop it out. I was a bit nervous taking a screwdriver to the thing, but it worked without a hitch.
You my friend are freaken amazing! Thanks so much! Really appreciate your help (and everybody's help as well) :D

Back