Removing Qoologic Worm/Spyware

dbaldus

Gawd
I came home from college only to find my parents' computer littered with spyware and bugs. After scrapping Norton and getting a copy of NOD32, I was able to get my Ad-Aware and Spybot to update correctly and then scan through to find everything and get rid of it. However, after I did that, it only took the system about an hour to get this Qoologic (or so NOD32 calls it) worm back again along with a bunch of Spyware (pop-ups and this Web Nexus thing that keeps installing itself).

Has anyone dealt with this before? How did you take care of it? Are there any other registry cleaners or spyware detectors that I should be using that are better than these two combined?

dbaldus said:
I came home from college only to find my parents' computer littered with spyware and bugs. After scrapping Norton and getting a copy of NOD32, I was able to get my Ad-Aware and Spybot to update correctly and then scan through to find everything and get rid of it. However, after I did that, it only took the system about an hour to get this Qoologic (or so NOD32 calls it) worm back again along with a bunch of Spyware (pop-ups and this Web Nexus thing that keeps installing itself).

Has anyone dealt with this before? How did you take care of it? Are there any other registry cleaners or spyware detectors that I should be using that are better than these two combined?

I don't see the MS Anti-Spyware product mentioned. Give that a try as its very good at dislodging some really entrenched spyware. Also don't forget to make sure there is a firewall up and all your windows updates are installed.

If all else fails there is always format c:

Is there a non-beta version of the MS Anti-Spyware? I can't seem to find anything except that version...

Back