Oct 23, 2004 #1 B BinaryBob n00b Joined Aug 29, 2004 Messages 13 I have a 9800Pro and I successfully got the heatsink/fan unit off. But I can't get the rest of the adhesive off of the core. I've tried alcohol, MEK, and nail polish remover. What do you guys use?
I have a 9800Pro and I successfully got the heatsink/fan unit off. But I can't get the rest of the adhesive off of the core. I've tried alcohol, MEK, and nail polish remover. What do you guys use?
Oct 23, 2004 #2 K _Korruption_ Supreme [H]ardness Joined Aug 22, 2002 Messages 4,572 I heard lighter fluid works well. Be sure to clean that up with some alcohol though.
Oct 23, 2004 #3 G godsend1 Limp Gawd Joined Dec 24, 2002 Messages 173 When I took the hsf off my 9700p it had some very hard thermal epoxy, I had to chip most of it off with a razor blade.
When I took the hsf off my 9700p it had some very hard thermal epoxy, I had to chip most of it off with a razor blade.
Oct 23, 2004 #4 K KevC Supreme [H]ardness Joined Oct 21, 2001 Messages 6,365 The alcohol must be very pure. Try getting 99% isopropyl from your local drugstore...