(Relatively) Inexpensive SCSI Discs

animeguru

Needs More Cowbell
Joined
Nov 5, 2001
Messages
1,434
So, where does everyone buy their SCSI drives?? I've done a bit of looking and sometimes you can find a great price on an otherwise expensive SCSI drive. I was curious as to where everyone else buys their SCSI goodness.

And don't say ebay, people seem to pay almost retail prices for used drives there all the time... I think most of them just don't realize that they're overpaying. (I've seen a 10K 36GB U160 IBM drive go for more than I can find a 15K 36GB U320 IBM drive brand new).

Obviously, I check pricewatch.com ;)
 
Lazn_Work said:
I don't bother with SCSI anymore but http://www.hypermicro.com/ used to always be the place to go for SCSI. (esp for the LSI SCSI cards and 15.3k cheetahs)

==>Lazn

hypermicrosystems is a very good reseller. And if you mention that you read storagereview.com in the comments, they'll give you free shipping too! :)
 
i bought some parts at hypermicro, and the rest of my SCSI stuff i bought on the FS/FT forum here. usually 3+ years of warranty is left on most of the used parts.
 
right now there are 73gb 15K.3 cheetah's on ebay for BIN $169, i bought a pair :D

there are really great deals on ebay, and there are really crappy ones, if you are smart, you will get a great one :D
 
Back
Top