Refurb HD-650's?

Silent Fart

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 3, 2003
Messages
189
Hey guys. I have been running a pair of Sennheiser HD-555's for 2 years(at the recommendation of this forum) and am ready to finally upgrade. My parents are getting me an MSI wind and these new headphones as a graduation gift and therefore I would like to save them some money. I found a place called dakmart selling 650's for 250 refurbished with a 2 year warranty. Any reason why I shouldn't get refurbished cans?

Thanks

-Silent
 
No not really. Headphones don't really wear out or anything. Just make sure there's a return policy or warranty or something like that. So long as they are truly refurbished (meaning inspected, assured fully operational, and cleaned up like new) there's no problem. However sometimes you'll find shady places that seem to think "Crap we stuffed in a box without testing" means "refurbished". So long as they or Sennheiser are willing to replace them if there is a problem, you should be good.

I buy a lot of audio gear 2nd hand since the technology doesn't progress that fast and barring damage it functions for a long time. My front and centre speakers I got second hand. I got the rear ones new, but they are 10 years old now and still sounding great.
 
No not really. Headphones don't really wear out or anything. Just make sure there's a return policy or warranty or something like that. So long as they are truly refurbished (meaning inspected, assured fully operational, and cleaned up like new) there's no problem. However sometimes you'll find shady places that seem to think "Crap we stuffed in a box without testing" means "refurbished". So long as they or Sennheiser are willing to replace them if there is a problem, you should be good.

I buy a lot of audio gear 2nd hand since the technology doesn't progress that fast and barring damage it functions for a long time. My front and centre speakers I got second hand. I got the rear ones new, but they are 10 years old now and still sounding great.

Yeah that was what I was thinking. I know buying second hand for hi fi isn't wierd (like getting old tube amps). I was just wonder if there was some crazy difference I did not know about.
 
Check on Head-Fi for used gear too. You can score, almost new, 650s w/ Sennheiser warranty for around that much $$. Refurbs means something went wrong with the headphone which is odd. Generally, headphones last YEARS without an issue so for something to break while in warranty could mean it is a lemon.
 
Back
Top