Recover deleted partition? Possible?

qwerty30

Weaksauce
Ok, first of all I'm an idiot. I made a rookie mistake and clicked a little too fast on a confirmation dialog and now my backup drive is lost.

I was in mac OS 10.5.7 troubleshooting an issue and was going to try creating a boot disk from a 4gb flash drive but first wanted to wipe the partition (via disk utility). By accident I selected my backup/storage drive instead (external/usb). I unplugged the drive as soon as I realized what I did but it's showing up as "untitled 1" opposed to the name it had before.

I turned it back off to prevent loosing anymore data. Is there an easy way to undo what I just did? I know the files are technically still there. I believe the old file system was FAT32 and afaik, the new is macos journaled/MBR

edit: have access to os or vista 64, so whatever is easier
thanks in advance, it would be a real shame to loose all of that. :(

That program is God...

It saved my 5TB of data after my WHS box freaked out during a reinstallation.

Recovered 15 drives one by one.

Though I used the GDB NTFS version not the FAT.

thanks for the suggestions. I was able to recover most of it with a handy piece of software called testdisk.

It found the old partition info and was able to restore most of it, then converted it back to fat32. I lost all the large files (over 4gb) but got a majority of 'em back.

thanks again

this is a recurrent topic here, i think there should be a sticky about this

Back