Recommendations for a PCIe Low Profile for Dell C521

If I had to get a card right now, it'd be this one Leadtek 7600gs. If you can wait a little while newer cards based on G80 core will pop up soon with your half hight requirement. :)

Steer clear of the GS/LE cards, they run pretty slow, especially when they are on a lower end card like the 7300.

If I were you, I'd find a 7600 or better to throw into the 521, even though the PSU says it's a 305w it is probably a LOT more than that. Most PSU companies give their top rating on PSU's, I don't know why but Dell rates them near the bottom for some reason. The 305w from Dell is similar to a 420w from most other places.

I got a 8800GTS 320 meg coming that Im putting into my E520 that I got last week. I'm going to leave the Dell PSU in it and see if it'll run it. From what I've heard they will run it and w/o an issue. Just hope the case is big enough lol.

Shadow, thats a good option! Hopefully the prices will come sometime early next month as I am still researching!

Snooble, that is a awesome card espcecially the EvGA version that my friend has in his E520 and yes the stock psu will run it. He states its been running it for 3 months without any problems. Also what is your E520 setup?

Pentium D 915 (will be upgrading to a C2D sometime later, and the stock heatsink is friggen HUGE)
1 x 160gig Sata HDD (Hitachi, nice and quiet)
1 x 250gig Sata HDD (Seagate Barracuda)
2gigs DDR 667 (might go up to 4gigs soon)
GeForce 8800GTS 320meg (when it gets here)
20" Dell E2007WFP (upper crust widescreen LCD, it rocks)
BenQ dvd burner
Dell G965 motherboard (actually please at it's performance)
Windows Vista

This runs pretty fast atm and Im pleased with it.

Nice... I have the E520 also with the C2D E6300, thinking of upgrading the video and powersupply but so far no complaints as it is still stock aside from the 3gb of Kingston!

When I got my E520 there was no ram or video card in it heh...been trying to get ahold of them since my last call to get that problem fixed. I'm going to ask them for a refund on hte ATi X1300Pro...anyone htink they'll help me out on that?

Called them up and they stopped the shippin of the ATi card for me and gave a full refund to the Dell Preferred account.

As for hte 8800 fitting into the E520, I've had a lot of people on the Dell forums tell me that it won't work because the card is too big and the exhaust is on the top. Guess I'll be gettin out a dremmel lmao.

Back