• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend me some headphones

Actuary

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
2,468
I'm currently using a generic pair of headphones. What would be a good set for gaming? If possible, I'd like one that doesn't go on top of my head, but rather behind my neck. Any suggestions?

Edit: I'd like to keep the price around $80 or less, if possible. Only need headphones, not a headset. How are the Sennheiser HD 280s?
 
try AKG K240s's. They dont go around your neck but they are great for the price and I'm sure the ZS can power them alright :)
 
If I decided to go with something higher quality like the Sennheiser HD 555 would I need an amp?

Also, (excuse this question I'm new to the audio stuff), would the headphones plug into the same spot on my Audigy 2 ZS as my Logitech X-230s? Would the sound be worse if I plugged the headphones into my speakers?
 
Just so you know, the HD280pro are ones that go on top of your head, with quite a bit of clamping force. Still though, they are within your low budget and will sound decent. They are very analytical, and are bright to me. But again, in this price range, they are decent. When you start talking about headphones that cost twice as much though, there are better :)

With the HD280pro, you should not require an amp.

Yes, headphones plug into the same connection as your computer speakers. If you plug them into the speaker unit itself, you may notice a difference (some of them are horrible).
 
Back
Top