• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend me some earbuds!

Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
564
I need some earbuds to replace my broken ipod earbuds. Golden price range would be under $50 ($30 is ideal but I'd be willing to shell out $50). I bought the Sennheiser MX550 today from Circuit City and they have no bass whatsoever so they are getting returned tommorow. I'm not a bass freak, I just like an all around good sound. Dont recommend the koss headphones either as i want earbuds (fit into pocket easily). Thanks in advance.
 
If you want better low-end, the Sony ex71s aren't bad, although if you're going to be giving them a hard time (keeping them in your pocket) the wires have a very weak rubber cover. That's how my pair died.
 
did some research on those sony's, and i've seen a LOT of people complaining about the cords and how there is too much bass. I'm gonna order the sennheiser cx300's after reading some reviews of them. thanks.
 
Ex71s = yuck!... when compared to any decent full-sized headphones. Poor recommendation, imo.
 
Cyrilix said:
Ex71s = yuck!... when compared to any decent full-sized headphones. Poor recommendation, imo.
Most if not all things in that price-range for earbuds are crappy compared to full-sized cans. Unfair comparison, IMO
 
Personally, I think if you can go without the IEM noise cancellation, you should get a cheaper pair of buds that will sound comparable to the EX-71 but for a lower price. That would mean lowering your expenses to around $10-20. Really, at such a low pricepoint in IEMs/earbuds, I find there's not much to recommend, just take what you can get from the more popular low-end.
 
very happy with my cx300's they blew the mx500's I had outa the water.
 
i've seen people here recommend the shure e2c and the sennheiser cx300. still debating which one to buy for myself.
 
your talking about a price difference of 45 dollars there between those two. from the reviews i've read the cx300's are comparable to the shure's therefore the better bargain. the cx300s are just rebadged proffessional senn IEM's. you can also use the foam pads of the sonys as they are interchangeable.
 
Cyrilix said:
Ex71s = yuck!... when compared to any decent full-sized headphones. Poor recommendation, imo.

Yeah they don't sound as nice as my HD650s on a dedicated amp, or my e4c's. Big surprise. Yes they can be very bass heavy, but it tends to be easier to turn down the bass on a portable player than create new bass out of nowhere. I was quite happy with the sound, it was the build quality which was terrible.
 
Litfod said:
Yeah they don't sound as nice as my HD650s on a dedicated amp, or my e4c's. Big surprise. Yes they can be very bass heavy, but it tends to be easier to turn down the bass on a portable player than create new bass out of nowhere. I was quite happy with the sound, it was the build quality which was terrible.

My beef was with the extreme sibilance that they had, especially when I first listened to them... actually made me not want to listen to music.
 
well i just got these in the mail and am very pleased. i've never used earbuds like these with the squishy stuff but i will prolly never go back to using conventional earbuds. these do a great job of blocking out noise, sound great. the bass is nice, its not overwhelming but its not missing like the mx550's were. i don't know how i feel about how the cord is shorter on one side but whatever. well worth the 55$ from amazon.
 
Back
Top