• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recommend me please

jcll2002

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
3,655
I want to get a speaker setup that in my room so I will have surround sound and have a very good music and gaming experience. What should I get?

Also should I get a sound card?

Thanks,
jcll2002

BTW I was looking at these because they were reccommended to me to be the best. Even that is stretching my budget (alot). http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=712
 
sounds good.

What should i use to mount them to the wall? (should I? I have wallpaper...)
 
jcll2002 said:
sounds good.

What should i use to mount them to the wall? (should I? I have wallpaper...)

If I remember correctly, the speakers should have points that slip over screw heads to hang. If you have studded walls, find the studs and mount them to those. If you have plaster, get some (i think they're called) plaster mounts (i had the name in mind but i totally just forgot). They go into the wall, and once a screw is screwed into it, it expands and holds it in the wall. The speakers should be light enough that you don't have to worry about them coming off the walls.

Anchors! That's the word I was looking for. Look for some anchors at the hardware store.
 
spydermonkey said:
If I remember correctly, the speakers should have points that slip over screw heads to hang. If you have studded walls, find the studs and mount them to those. If you have plaster, get some (i think they're called) plaster mounts (i had the name in mind but i totally just forgot). They go into the wall, and once a screw is screwed into it, it expands and holds it in the wall. The speakers should be light enough that you don't have to worry about them coming off the walls.

Anchors! That's the word I was looking for. Look for some anchors at the hardware store.
Eaither that, or just by some el'cheapo speaker stands. You can get the small tall ones for real cheap at places like walmart, etc.

On a side note, carful when someone says "they were reccommended to me to be the best". A better word for Best might be, "good enough for what you want to use them for".
 
Back
Top