Recommend an external DAC

im not a fan of USB. USB Is considered the most noisy out of all the digital connections. I know i know, its digital so you either get it or dont. I have yet to use usb as an IC. What i dont like personally that i do see alot is USB = cpu cycles. I already see stuttering on my singlecore system playing Itunes and while web browing. If im gonna pay for anything its gonna be hardware accelerated to take the load off my poor 1.8ghz opty 144.

Maybe iTunes is the culprit as I use MediaMonkey and don't get stuttering when web browsing on my single core cpu (AMD64 3500+). You are correct that using USB and web browsing may cause sound drop outs. I have a second PC though and may turn it into a dedicated media PC so that won't be an issue if using a USB DAC.
 
Back
Top