• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend a sound card

Nascair

n00b
Joined
Dec 14, 2009
Messages
8
I am new to sound cards, and am kinda confused as to what to buy. I'm looking to spend about $100-$200, also I'm running Win7 64 bit
 
Mostly gaming, looking to hook it up to a 5.1 system (no reciever, directly to the card), and a head set, looking for either PCIe x1 or PCI.
 
I'm not sure what to recommend, because a lot of people are having trouble with multi-channel sound on Vista and Windows 7. Seems the sound card makers didn't take too kindly to Microsoft completely revamping the sound system under Vista, and have since dragged their feet producing drivers with the same bug-free features offered under XP.

Just a few examples across the board:

Realtek HD
Creative X-Fi
Auzentec X-Plosion
Asus Xonar (This one is not a multi-channel sound problem, but an overall driver quality issue)

Some people have been able to resolve their problems, while others have been perpetually stymied. I'm just warning you, if you want to go multi-channel audio on Windows 7, you'd better research your card choice thoroughly (search Google for sound issues with your card and Windows 7), and be prepared to get your hands dirty if things don't work out of the box.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top