• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recommend a decent 5.1 set?

Mark Larson

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 16, 2002
Messages
3,177
I'd like to buy a set of cheap but decent 5.1 speakers for my computer - I don't need anything huge or fancy, just something to replace my old 2.1 system until I get my 5.1 receiver system back.

I was looking at the Logitech X-540's - about $70-75 everywhere. Is there a better option at or below this price? I'd like to buy it from Amazon because I have a $50 gift cert there.

[Reposted from HTPC section]
 
Which isn't a bad thing considering you have to spend over 100 for a sound card that can output a decent analog signal. Realtek is great with digital but sucks hard with analog.

Expensive speakers are not going to make bad audio quality sound great. But logitech will give you great quality in my view.
 
Back
Top