Reccomend me a great rpg

Let's make it 5-6 pages. ;)

Morrowind is a pretty nice game but it's about as non-linear as it gets (which is not normally a bad thing). If you're looking for a 'do-this-go-there' game from start to finish then Morrowind is not for you. IMHO Morrowind has the most potential of any game I've ever seen. Make sure to download and install a few mods for it because after awhile it becomes way too easy.

Only reason i though morrowind was gay is i like stealth.

Try playing Neverwinter Nights as a thief. IMO it's the only class you can use where you'll truly experience the game, except perhaps for a spellcasting class. Stealth rules in NWN, plain and simple. I didn't think the level design in NWN was all that fantastic, the 2.5d graphics are so-so (lots of texture/item recycling and those RAMPS) and the dialogue later in the game is terrible. Your NPC's AI sucks as well. But still a great game.

I like simple based lvl ups. Not something that i have 3 points and i have to choose from 15 atributes.... it makes me mad.

One of the nice things about NWN is that you can let the game choose for you and it does a decent job. I'm guessing that you would absolutely hate Arcanum.

Deus Ex is old enough that when I play it now I think the levels look pretty bad. Still it's one of the best games I've ever played, too bad they raped the whole RPG experience in DX:IW.

Fallout is... okay. Not one of my favorites but I like the mature theme.

I've heard nothing but good about Divine Divinity but I haven't played it so no opinion there. I've also heard some good, some bad about Arx Fatalis--again, I haven't played it.

Baldur's Gate series are all pretty good.

If your playing morrowing and love stealth, then dont underestimate the archery skill (cant remember its exact name, been a year) At first it totally blows right? But if you setup your character so he starts out quite skilled in it, then pick up a crossbow and some steel and silver crossbow bolts, it totally owns. Dont bother with the chieftan bow and arrow crap, its pointless and weak. Once your half assed skilled in it (at least 40 to 50 skill in archery) you'll appreciate how usefull this skill is. It packs a lot of punch once you get good, and killing high level shit from a distance can help a lot. Just my 2 cents for morrowind, dont overlook the arch skill.

Originally posted by MonkeyBasket
If your playing morrowing and love stealth, then dont underestimate the archery skill (cant remember its exact name, been a year) At first it totally blows right? But if you setup your character so he starts out quite skilled in it, then pick up a crossbow and some steel and silver crossbow bolts, it totally owns. Dont bother with the chieftan bow and arrow crap, its pointless and weak. Once your half assed skilled in it (at least 40 to 50 skill in archery) you'll appreciate how usefull this skill is. It packs a lot of punch once you get good, and killing high level shit from a distance can help a lot. Just my 2 cents for morrowind, dont overlook the arch skill.

No crossbow sucks. You want real bows it rules for long distance killing. Crossbows range are kind of limited. Believe me I was an archery master in Morrowind. Hardly anything I couldn´t kill with one hit ;)

Daedric Longbow accompanied by spells. There is no stronger ranged weapon in Morrowind.

Well i got an iron dagger but i think im going to pick up nwn. WEll im going to borrow my friends disk a load it and play it. Then if i like it ill go buy a copy and if not ill just uninstall the game.

I kinda wish you could rent comptuer games

Better yet i really like MMORPG's becuase they have free demos like Planetside(hated). FFXI(alright) But i really got attracted to Phanisty Star online untill i was like lvl 120 and the lvls became so damn repetitive. Before that I think i hit the jackpot with MMORPGS- Earth and Beyond... I loved it, but then i went to Australia and wasnt gonna pay 13 bucks a month for not playin it.

Originally posted by Torgo
Okay... to settle this argument I decided to go to the source: Warren Spector. What type of game does he think Deus Ex is?

After some research I learned that the design philosophy for Deus Ex is based on a paper he wrote for Gamasutra in 1997 entitled Remodeling RPGs for the New Millennium. I read this when it first came out and I've totally forgetten about it. Going over it again, I can see more of the counterpoints that people have made against my assertion that Deus Ex is a hybrid. Great design article that everyone should read.

Now go and read the postmortem for Deus Ex. In the article he states how he took that manifesto and used to make almost a whole new concept of gaming. Warren states that "Conceptually, Deus Ex is a genre-busting game (which really endeared us to the marketing guys) -- part immersive simulation, part role-playing game, part first-person shooter, part adventure game."

That's a pretty clear cut definition of a hybrid game. However I'll concede that in the future Deus Ex might be seen as the "RPG of the New Millennium".

That's a nice broad marketing pitchline intended to make the product appeal to everyone, but it's not an accuate depiction of the game, no different than his DE:IW rebuttal.

See a pattern forming?

Originally posted by OTL
See a pattern forming?
It looks like we'll have to resort to violence to settle this. I propose this: select the Hooters girl of your choice against my Hooters girl in a mud wrestling match. There must be hot wings. There must also be drinks. We sit and watch and let 'em go at it. As they writhe in the mud, slipping and sliding against each other in their tight white T-Shirts which is becoming wet and clinging to their skin and as they grab each other's hair in the rising ecstasy of battle then... wait, what were we arguing about again?

Back