RealTemp 2.60

now we just need intel to release the real tjmax values so comparing temps was not such a pain in the ass...

What is this info that I read that your tjmax is the thermal number from Intel which in my case is 72.4 plus 15c this gives you your true tjmax which makes mine 87.4 is there anything to these settings.

I like it; but can someone please explain what the XS bench score tells me?

The game mode setting works in Crysis, but the temp reading blinks. I'm sure its not supposed to be blinking, so maybe that will get fixed in the next version. The temp is shown in a small box in the top right corner in the game. I thought it would bother me, but you hardly notice it when game playing, unless its to look at your temps. It will be a nice feature when the blinking stops.

I still can't figure what the XS bench score is telling me. The Base Score for my E8400 4050Mhz OC is 1350, and "My Score" is 1276; and the "Check Sum" says "Pass".

This is one dynamite temp program, not only does uncleWebb explain how to calibrate it in "plain" english (many tweaks, idle, load, etc), but it has a game mode for gamers (puts temp in the corner of screen). :D

One of the things I really like about it is the ability to put the temps of all 4x cores in the task bar (like Core Temp and if it was possible before I didn't know how :confused:)

As far as bein' "a piece of crap" ALL software programs are pretty much useless as far as accurate accuracy goes (just a guess as to what the TjMax is) IMO they are for refference only and with uncleWebb's Real Temp program you have the option of tweaking it to be more accurate without going into the initiation file, etc (or somehow + or -'ing). The most accurate is a hardware sensor and even then you can't use it on the internals of the chip at the "hottest" places (like where the fu*k do you put it and how secure is it :rolleyes:).

One of the nice things about the Intel C2D's is the chip itself will shut down before it frys itseff (and maybe AMD too, I don't know offhand) Not only do you generally have EIST, some mobo temp shut off, cpu fan shutdown, etc, but you have the cpu without any mobo help shutting itself down when it gets too hot. :p

Thanks a bunch uncleWebb ;)

In addition to what jws2346 said....

If anyone has followed my rantings lately of my "hot" Q9300 processor, I learned a lot and followed the journey many others have in regards to cpu temps. I still don't know if my Q9300 has a TjMax of 85 or 90 (can't be higher....), but I have learned this - it doesn't matter. Unless you put your heatsink on wrong, idle temps will always be okay. Load temps are what matters and the delta to Tjunction max.

When load testing, only refer to this:

1) Try to keep cores >25 degrees away from your Tjunction max. (My cores are around 34-37 away under Prime95 IPL FFTs load)

2) As a secondary measure of sanity, keep your Tcase temp below the Intel recommended thermal specification which usually pertains to your IHS "CPU" temp in the BIOS or Speedfan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
FWIW, I have a small Lenovo ThinkCentre M57p desktop in a very small case and that E6750 processor can get up to (within) 15 degrees of TjMax under Prime95 load. Still works fine....

Back