• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Really noob question

cupholder2.0

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
260
Dont know much about sound, I got an Intel D945GNT which has 8 channel Sigmatel onboard audio (HD), it only has 3 output things in the back, how can I connect my Logitech X530s (5.1) to this thing?
 
Dosn't your speakers have 3 inputs?
I know that I only use 3 outputs to 3 inputs to my 7.1 speakers?
It should be listed in your motherbaord manual what the outputs are?
But usually it's green to green, black to black and orange to orange if they follow Creative's color coding, wich I don't know if they do?

Terra ...
 
Yeah, my bad the mobo has one of the green and than the blue and green which are like mic thing.

Heres what Intel says:
configurations: 8-channel (7.1) audio subsystem with five analog audio outputs and one S/PDIF optical digital audio output using the Sigmatel 9223* audio codec
6-channel (5.1) audio subsystem with three analog audio outputs using the Sigmatel 9220* audio codec

The board looks kind of like this (almost)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.asp?image=13-121-294-01.jpg,13-121-294-02.jpg,13-121-294-03.jpg,13-121-294-04.jpg&CurImage=13-121-294-01.jpg&Description=Intel%20BOXD945GTPL%20Socket%20T%20(LGA%20775)%20Intel%20945G%20Micro%20ATX%20Intel%20Motherboard%20-%20Retail

Newegg also says 8 channel audio.
 
Back
Top