really comfortable headphones?

jcmuse

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
329
i have sennheiser hd580s for music listening, but i find they're just too uncomfortable for movie watching. i think the prob is they're just too big and heavy.
i tried some bose noise canceling headphones on, and, while they sound terrible, they are really comfortable.

So my question is: can anyone recommend me some decent headphones that are really comfortable for movie watching? looking to spend around $100. these headphones will be plugged into a surround sound receiver. i realize comfort is really subjective, but given the fact that i think the bose headphones are comfortable, maybe someone can give suggestions.
 
Never heard the Sennheiser's called heavy before, the Sennheiser full-size headphones I've owned have been extremely light.

If you want a high quality headphone, I'm not sure how much lighter it gets. If you're willing to downgrade a bit, Sennheiser's noise cancelling headphones (the smaller, earpad type) are about half the weight of their full-size.
 
A bit more pricey.. but I wholly recommend the DT700's. If your going unamped, go with the 80ohm. If you have the ability to amp, go with the 250ohm. :)
 
Back
Top