I use my machine mostly for photo editing work and an occasional game. I am currently running a 965BE with an MSI 785 AM3 board, and feel like it's getting bogged down in lightroom and photoshop. I am running an OCZ SSD as my primary drive and a number of others as storage drives, including an intel 80gb SSD as my main image processing dump (final images/catalogs get moved), 8gb ddr3 (can't remember the exact speed), with a 6950 for graphics.
I haven't been terribly active on the boards recently and can't get a good feel from online reviews what sort of upgrade I can expect if I were to switch systems. So, how much real world performance increase would a switch to an i2500k, 2700k, or 3550 bring (or other processer in the $160-250 range). Thanks!
I haven't been terribly active on the boards recently and can't get a good feel from online reviews what sort of upgrade I can expect if I were to switch systems. So, how much real world performance increase would a switch to an i2500k, 2700k, or 3550 bring (or other processer in the $160-250 range). Thanks!