Reading vCore on P5B-E with Multimeter

Hobo13

n00b
Long story short, e6400@3208 with a P5B-E rev1.01. System was unstable until I bumped the vcore to 1.4125.

Going over 1.4 was an uphill moral battle for me ;).

Anyway, BIOS/ displays the vcore at 1.35 idle (@40c) and Speedfan/Core Temp display 1.32 under load[@49c (vdroop I know)]. I understand that voltage readings in BIOS are inaccurate and I wanted to know where on the board that I need to stick a multimeter to read the vcore accurately. I’m curious if my MB is simply undervolting (I’ve heard this is a problem in general with Asus boards) the system or if BIOS is just THAT inaccurate. Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

i think bios is inaccurate because on both of my P5B-E and P5B Deluxe wifi the temps are off by 20C, i havent look on voltage but im sure its the same problem.

Clearly it is inaccurate :D I should have clarified, I'm trying to see if it is consistently inaccurate in respect to what I set the vcore at in BIOS, at or if the numbers that it gives are just its own whimsical fantasies with no reflection on reality. I'm mostly interested to see what voltage the vcore is actually running at, and if Asus boards actually are undervolted in general rather than just displaying undervoltage.

I guess the succinct version of this inquiry would be:

Using a multimeter, what points on an Asus P5B-E rev.01 mb would show me the actual vCore?

Back