Rcently purchased Micosoft Intellimouse 3.0

Jimrob25

Weaksauce
I recently bought a Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 after reading some awesome reviews on it for gaming purposes. When I initially plugged it up, it auto-installed like usual. I love the feel of it, the traction was smooth as it could be, and then I start to notice something weird. If I move the mouse in a sudden swipe it either Jumps for me or right clicks the screen without me touching a button. Is this a problem these mice have? Am I able to contact Microsoft via Phone or chat to request a RMA if possible?

Yes typically MS is very good about mouse/KB replacement. Contact them, and FYI I would not game with any other mouse. I have tried the new G5-Death Adders but went back to the intelli 3.0 because of the superb low sensitivity tracking in certain FPS.

I have a 3.0 explorer and never noticed that. On Win98 I had an issue where the buttons clicks were not always recognized and I think it had to do with the clicks being too fast for crap Win98 even though I used the control panel to adjust it. I found the buttons too sensitive for me anyway so went back to the MX518. That could be a big advantage in MP games though. Still have it as a backup mouse but I use MX518 on all of my computers now as it really is my favourite mouse ever made so far.

I've had my Intellimouse 3.0 explores for years and never experienced this issue. I'd def suggest an RMA.. MS is pretty good about it. They may want you to scan/fax the bottom for the serial and send it off.. At least thats what I had to do a few yrs ago when an optical stopped working!

Thanks alot guys, I did some research and found a few other people who had similar problems as I did. I contacted microsoft and they told me that they no longer offered RMA on that mouse and only could refund me my money. So maybe I will try again once I receive the refund.

We use a very basic MS optical mouse at work (not sure of the model.... can't check right now), and they do that all the time. The mouse will jump all the way to the top of the page ar random times. My MS Intellimouse Optical never does it, but the cheapies do all the time.

Back