• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Razer Barracuda HP-1

anyone have anything on a release date? i have read on the razer site of the headphone sound card combo for 299. would like to hear more info on this though.
 
I would love to read more reviews of these but honestly as a gamer and audiophile I think you would do better to get a good set of high quality headphones with a decent soundstage then get "specially optimized" gaming headphones with "true 8 channel" sound and such.

Part of me says they will probably just ruin the sound and not be as clear as a good set of high quality cans from a big company like Sennheiser/AKG.

This is all just my opinion as I had not heard these.
 
After gaming with the Siberias for a few min (BF2) and owning the Zalman 5.1s, I'd recommend the Audio Technica A-500s :D I've yet to hear the HP-1, but I expect them to follow the current trend of "gaming headphones" (ex: horrible sound quality, build quality & comfort, decent sound positioning)

BTW, the only good HP-1 headphone ever released was the Joe Grado HP-1 :p
 
i used to game with a pair of amped 650's, but i just didn't feel it was that good. not to say that these will be any better, but i get a soundcard and a headset with a mic for the same price as the 650's really. i'm looking forward to them, and i really do want a pair of surround headphones, i've tried the medusa's as well, wasn't impressed.

and basically i'm quite pleased with the other razer products that i own, and that makes me willing to give this a shot.
 
I just bought a copperhead Laser gaming mouse and I've been on their site because of a firmware upgrade headache yet to be solved and I came across this soundcard and headphones. I read and came to be quite impressed. They make some bold claims and it could be one hell of a sound card & headset. My interest is piqued. I just wonder if they will ever get gaming support like creative has. It's almost like "why bother" with anything besides creative if your a hardcore gamer. Most games take advantage of the EAX stuff.

Anywho, I'm gonna check em out when they are available. Razer has a huge presence at lan parties and I'll ask if I can test for them if I see them at a event. :D
 
if u want the best headphone setup for gaming just get Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro (80 ohm) + a decent amp (a pa2v2 will do u fine) + X-fi xtrememusic sound card
 
Narius said:
if u want the best headphone setup for gaming just get Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro (80 ohm) + a decent amp (a pa2v2 will do u fine) + X-fi xtrememusic sound card


You know where I can pick some 770s up besides Guitar Center?
 
hmmm... the only places i know of right now is ebay, head-fi fs/ft forums, and guitar center.... whats wrong with guitar center though? if u tell them that youll buy them for $150 right now or i am gonna leave, theyll usually lower the price :cool:
 
Narius said:
hmmm... the only places i know of right now is ebay, head-fi fs/ft forums, and guitar center.... whats wrong with guitar center though? if u tell them that youll buy them for $150 right now or i am gonna leave, theyll usually lower the price :cool:


Rgr that. The closest guitar center to me is like an hour away. I think I might make a trip though. Have you used the headphones without an amp? How are they without?
 
i found the bayerdynamics cans too be way to powerful (bass heavy) to play in many games.
Grenates and such left me a bit deaf after a while.
but they are VERY sweet cans

i had to go to something a bit simpler, Sony mdr-7506.
 
Megalomaniac said:
i found the bayerdynamics cans too be way to powerful (bass heavy) to play in many games.
Grenates and such left me a bit deaf after a while.
but they are VERY sweet cans

i had to go to something a bit simpler, Sony mdr-7506.


Yea thats what im a little worried about getting em. I don't really wanna be overwhelmed with bass.
 
well i dont have my 770's yet but they are on there way to my house.... as for them being too bassy... you could always turn it down in EQ
 
we will have to just wait until it is released to see if they are decent or not. Mind you they do say that both their headphones and sound card are built specifically for gaming which could be a let down for people who want multi purpose headphones for listening to music and such.
 
i just wanna know who's making their stuff for them. i can't imagine a company like razer knows the first thing about making high quality audio products.
 
Back
Top