• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Raptor performance

Adionik

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,546
I picked up one of the 16MB raptors from BB for their special, but it seems to be giving me some less than spectacular performance.

HD tach showed this.
raptor.jpg


The blue bar when windows boots up goes through about 4-5 times, which is a LOT longer than I thought it would take.

Is this typical of a raptor?
 
Here's mine:
hdtach-raptor.PNG

Slightly lower STR but better seek times. What controller are you using it on?
 
I picked up one of the 16MB raptors from BB for their special, but it seems to be giving me some less than spectacular performance.

HD tach showed this.
IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Adionik/raptor.jpg[/IMG]

The blue bar when windows boots up goes through about 4-5 times, which is a LOT longer than I thought it would take.

Is this typical of a raptor?

The picture seems fine. The windows loading bar is normal at times. You are probably running into the TLER bug.
 
both of those look fine. pretty much what I scored with one drive:



16mbraptor.gif



and now with two in RAID-0
raidzero.JPG
 
Would disabling NCQ help a bit? I also installed the latest Nvidia drivers...
 
Yes. You may also want to shut off Norton and any other AV/firewall or anything else that may be running.

It appears something is accessing your HD when u ran the test
 
Back
Top