raptor 150 question

Leb_CRX

Gawd
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
567
just wondering if anyone knows if the WD1500AHFD differs from the WD1500ADFD in anything but the clear case

the reason I ask is because I had someone mention this to me but they couldn't remember why, they had just read it somewhere, doing some research, I found this on wikipedia
=============
The third generation Raptor was released by Western Digital in January 2006. It features two 75 GB platters (for a total of 150GB) and a more advanced system of Native Command Queuing. At the same time, the consumer-oriented WD Raptor X was released, without some of the enterprise-level features of the standard Raptor but with the addition of a clear polycarbonate window in the drive cover, making the movements of the disks and magnetic heads visible. This unique feature is likely to be popular with case modders. Because of the clear window, the Raptor X has an MTBF rating of 600,000 hours (68.5 years), whereas the normal Raptor has an MTBF double of that (1.2 million hours or 137 years). However, this shouldn't be too great a concern as both drives are covered by a five-year warranty. While this drive is using the SATA 2 feature NCQ, it lacks support for the increased bandwidth of SATA 2.

=============

what's the deal? I plan on picking one up shortly, and can't seem to get a concreate answer, I don't care about the clear case if it hinders performance in the least, I just want the fastest one I can buy...if the clear case version performs the same, so be it

Thanks
 
There was a 1$ difference between the two on zipzoomfly a a few weeks ago when I went to my current setup.
 
just wondering if anyone knows if the WD1500AHFD differs from the WD1500ADFD in anything but the clear case
I have not yet seen any website that showed a difference in a synthetic benchmark.
 
Back
Top